Day 1: Arrive in Arusha
Pickup at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)/Arusha airport, we will arrange a private transfer from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) to Green Mountain hotel/Venus hotel/Rich hotel where the rest of the day is spent at leisure.
We will gather at the hotel for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check. We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and equipment
Day 2: Momella gate (1500m) – Miriakamba Hut (2500m)
Duration: 5-7 hours of hiking
After an early morning breakfast in Arusha (1400m), you will be picked up from your hotel and brought to the Momella Gate in Arusha National Park. At this time, the porters will organize and pack the belongings for the hike while you and your guide register with the Tanzania National Park (TANAPA). You will then begin your ascent in Arusha National Park. The first day of hiking is similar to a walking safari; you should expect to see giraffes, zebras, antelope, buffalo, and potentially elephants near the trail. Due to the high possibility of spotting wildlife, an armed ranger, hired through the National Park, is required to hike with our team for the duration of the hike. As you continue hiking, you will pass the Ngarenanyuki River and a beautiful waterfall at the base of Mt. Meru. Upon arriving to Miriakamba Hut (2500m), your chef will prepare a hot dinner and washing water for you. Enjoy the beautiful sunset and overnight.
- Elevation (m): (1,387 m to (1,500 m).
- Elevation (ft): (4,921 ft to 3,000 ft)
- Distance: 10 km.
- Distance covered:6km / 3.5mi
- time taken:4 – 5 hours
- Meals:Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Included
Day 3: Saddle Hut (Full board)
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb. The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
Dinner and overnight at Saddle Hut.
- Elevation (m):2,514 m to 3,570 m
- Elevation (ft):8,250 ft to 11,712 ft
- Distance:8 km
- Hiking Time:3-5 hours
- Habitat:Forest and Moorland.
Day 4: Summit Day (Half Board)
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridgeline between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater. We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Momella gate. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to your hotel in Arusha/Moshi.
- Elevation (m):3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m
- Elevation (ft):14,977ft to 11,712 ft to 8,250ft
- Distance:5 km up 13 km down
- Hiking Time:12 – 14 hours
- Habitat:Alpine Desert Moorland and Montane forest.
Day 5: Depart Tanzania
The day is left free to wind down after the trek before your flight home. Depending on flight times you could go and explore Moshi town and grab some souvenirs before heading to the airport.
Price for 2 adults private is $1450 covers:
The price includes:
- Two nights accommodation in Moshi/Arusha bed and breakfast.
- Return transportation from Moshi/Arusha to/from the starting/finishing point on the mountain
- Huts accommodations
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- Park fees
- Rescue fees
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Guides, Porters, cook
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Armed Ranger Fee
The price excludes:
- Airport transfers
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiterstips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included